Pending Open Astrid's Character Application

This application is pending further details. Please review the comment posted by a staff member with the heading "Pending" as it will contain the information required for the application to be further evaluated.

Astrid

Jan 9, 2022

Background Information

Minecraft Username:
-Astrid_Storm

Discord Name#Identifier (Ex. Atmos | PatriamStudios#0001)
-I’m totally a human#1654

(OPTIONAL) Please provide a link to any previously approved character applications
-

Character Details (Greater detail and info are expected!)

What is the name of your character?
- Ibruk'i

What is the age of your character? (The humans of Patriam are genetically modified to live extremely long, even in harsh conditions. The average live expectancy currently is between 125-150 years old! Royalty could live to 200!)

What province are you currently in OR will be joining upon acceptance?
-I am currently a citezen of Kuoakaeno under the rule of AidensCreed

What culture/race is your character? (Nuokaenian, Drunathein, Proto-Kallonian, Proto-Watolian, etc.)
-She is Drunathein culture wise although she is half Drunathein, and half Nuokaenian.

What religion is your character? (Must be an existing religion, otherwise simply put "N/A" or "Undefined Native Religion"
-N/A

Does your character have any relations to any other existing characters? (Must have approval from the players playing the existing characters first!)
- I do not have permision because they are not on yet and I am to lazy to wait.

Does your character hold any official titles, ranks, jobs ingame? (E.g. Province Lord, King, Farmer, Soldier etc.)
-My character holds no official titles.

Please provide a backstory to your character (Linking to Google Docs is acceptable, the more in-depth the more likely you are to get accepted, especially if you are applying to be a province lord!!)
-Astrid is someone who is very loyal, kind, and protective to those who earn her respect. Those who she does not know are treated with friendly wariness, for she has had to many deceptively friendly people hurt her and those she cares for. Anyone that hurts her friends will face her wrath. She is peacful by nature and loves to build and mine, although she does have a chaotic side. She will happily help those who ask for her help unless they have previously hurt her friends. She comes from a long line of peaceful merchants on her father's side who is a Drunathein. On her mothers side she does not know for her parents met only twice. Once when they were both pretty drunk on dark beer, and the second time was when her mother showed up and handed Astrid to her Father. As her mother handed Astrid to her father she said that she could not raise a child so obviusly Drunathein, then she ran back to her boat and left without another word.
Her father would have been unsure if Astrid was his if not for the fact that she was the spitting image of him. So she was raised by her father and his family on their merchant boat and in their village. She had no siblings but she did have a large amount of cousins and friends. She was taught by her father how to run a merchants guild, by her aunt how to look after a village, by a rowdy group of older cousins how to build, and mine. Due to all the heavy lifting, and being half Nuokaenian, she is very strong. Hilariouslyhowever this does not translate into fighting. She has trained and trained to try to learn how to fight, but she still has difficulty fighting off a couple of spiders. Although if she is protecting someone she has noticed that she gets better, not by much but it's noticable if you know her. Her dream is to work alongside friends to help others and build a place of her own, maybe even a building guild of her own. Where others can hire her for her skills in building, or gathering resources. Due to her dreams and encouragment from her family she set out to gain more expirence at the young age of 20.

Have you previously played on earlier renditions of Patriam in Minecraft?
-No

Any extra information/things you'd like to add?
-nope

Last edited:

Atmos

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Jan 3, 2021

Pending

You cannot be called Astrid as it is an existing irl name, other than that your application is really good! Well done referencing both the Drunathein and the Nuokaenains!

Astrid

Jan 9, 2022
nvm thats an irl name, can my characters be named after the name for sword? G'ibruk'en'i, so would ibruk'i work?

Atmos

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Jan 3, 2021
nvm thats an irl name, can my characters be named after the name for sword? G'ibruk'en'i, so would ibruk'i work?
I'm rather impressed you managed to go back through the discord and find the Taumeusanmeulanbrukae language, you may use Ibruk'i as the name for but you'd have to lean more into Nuokaenian culture rather than Drunathein in your app.

Astrid

Jan 9, 2022
It was in the pined section on general, and I really like languages even though I'm horrible at them. Is there a word for boat/ship that I could use instead? If not then I'll lean more into Nuokaenian rather than Drunathein, I was hoping to lean more towards Drunathein.

Atmos

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Jan 3, 2021
It was in the pined section on general, and I really like languages even though I'm horrible at them. Is there a word for boat/ship that I could use instead? If not then I'll lean more into Nuokaenian rather than Drunathein, I was hoping to lean more towards Drunathein.
If you want to lean more into Drunathein I would recommend using the language of Noruen. You can use the [WIP] translator here: https://lingojam.com/NoruentoEnglishTranslator

Also, please make the appropriate changes to your application before it is accepted!